Find a roofer in Roseville, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I book an appointment to have roofers come out?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the normal rate roofing professionals charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will vary depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the usual duration for a roof replacement?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
Many roofers recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Roseville, Michigan
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Roseville, Michigan. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.