Find a roofer in Romulus, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the best season for roofing projects?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the average cost per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for your project.
How long does it typically take for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the project.
At what moment should I think about having a roof inspection conducted?
Most roofing contractors suggest biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Romulus, Michigan
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Romulus, Michigan. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to find the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.