Find a roofer in Plymouth, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is ideal for a roofing job?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the normal cost per square foot for roof repair services?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the estimated time required for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Plymouth, MI. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
What is a good time for booking a roofing appointment?
Many roofing contractors suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Plymouth, MI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Plymouth, MI. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to find the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.