Find a roofer in Oakley, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I get a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing professionals advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the standard price charged by roofers for a replacement project?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What should I estimate for roof maintenance?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs call for experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What is a good time for roofing projects?
Despite what season it is, you can get in touch with a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to call a roofer.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Oakley, MI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Oakley, MI. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.