Find a roofer in Oakland, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Oakland, MichiganRoofing // Michigan // Oakland
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time needed for building a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
When should a roof inspection be done?
Many roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the normal cost of roof replacement services from a roofing contractor?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What cost can be expected for roof repair services?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Oakland, MI
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Oakland, MI. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Oakland, MI. Find the right contractor for your house today.