Find a roofer in North Star, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe for a roofer to build a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
At which point should I consider having an inspection done for my roof?
The majority of roofing contractors recommend biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for replacement services?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What cost can be expected for roof maintenance services?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near North Star, MI
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in North Star, MI. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.