Find a roofer in New Haven, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is ideal for a roofing job?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the average price roofing experts charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in New Haven, Michigan. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
At which point should I think about getting an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near New Haven, Michigan
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in New Haven, Michigan, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.