Find a roofer in Lyons, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lyons, MichiganRoofing // Michigan // Lyons
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good time for scheduling a roofing appointment?
Most roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the normal price charged by roofing contractors for a replacement project?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What cost can be expected to fix my roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
When is the perfect time for a roofing project?
Despite what season it is, you can contact a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Lyons, MI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Lyons, MI. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.