Find a roofer in Lapeer, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal period of time to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the project.
When is inspecting my roof required?
The majority of roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How do roofers generally price their services for a replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What are the normal costs affiliated with fixing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Lapeer, MI
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Lapeer, MI. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.