Find a roofer in Lake Leelanau, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is the perfect time to get your roof serviced?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the customary price per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What is the typical period of time for a roof replacement?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
What is the proper time to request a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Lake Leelanau, Michigan
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lake Leelanau, Michigan. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.