Find a roofer in Jonesville, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How do roofers generally charge for labor for roof replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What are the normal costs related to fixing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the normal cost per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will vary with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe to build a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Jonesville, Michigan
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Jonesville, Michigan. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.