Find a roofer in Jerome, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it typically take for a roofer to build a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the job.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roofing appointment?
Many roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
At what cost will a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much is a roofer's rate to repair the roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Jerome, Michigan
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Jerome, Michigan. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.