Find a roofer in Jenison, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Jenison, MichiganRoofing // Michigan // Jenison
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At which time of the year should I book an appointment for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time to book.
Many roofers are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the average cost per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will vary depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What is the normal period of time to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
When is inspecting my roof necessary?
Many roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Jenison, MI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Jenison, MI. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.