Find a roofer in Harrison, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How do roofing professionals normally charge for their services for roof replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What should I estimate for roof repair expenses?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the typical price roofing experts charge per square foot?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it typically take for a roofer to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Harrison, Michigan. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Harrison, Michigan
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Harrison, Michigan. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.