Find a roofer in Grosse Pointe, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I schedule to have roofers come out?
Despite what time of year it is, you can call a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
How much is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, how expensive it will be will vary depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the estimated time needed for building a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roofing appointment?
The majority of roofers suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Grosse Pointe, MI
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Grosse Pointe, MI, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to find the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.