Find a roofer in Garden City, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How do roofers generally charge for labor for roof replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much can it cost to repair the roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing professional's services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the usual period of time to replace a roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Garden City, MI
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Garden City, MI. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for the job.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.