Find a roofer in Flushing, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it take for a roofer to build a new roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
What is the appropriate time to request an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the usual cost of roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What are the usual costs related to fixing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Flushing, Michigan
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Flushing, Michigan. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Flushing, Michigan. Find the right contractor for your home now.