Find a roofer in Ferndale, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
During which time of the year should I schedule services with a roofing professional?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time to book.
Many roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the typical rate roofing experts charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What is the usual period of time for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
What is the correct time to schedule an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Ferndale, MI
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Ferndale, MI. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.