Find a roofer in Eastpointe, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roofing appointment?
Most roofing professionals recommend biannual roof inspections since regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
At what cost will a roofing contractor charge for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the cost for repairing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Eastpointe, MI
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Eastpointe, MI, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.