Find a roofer in Corunna, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time needed for building a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Corunna, MI. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
When should a roof inspection be done?
Many roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How do roofing professionals generally price labor for roof replacement?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the price range for fixing a rooftop?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Corunna, MI
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Corunna, MI, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Corunna, MI. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.