Find a roofer in Clarkston, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal price for roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the expected cost to fix my roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can be about $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Of course, how expensive it will be will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Clarkston, Michigan. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can come up with the hours for the project.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Clarkston, Michigan
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Clarkston, Michigan. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.