Find a roofer in Canton, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical duration to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Canton, Michigan. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional can estimate the hours for the job.
When should my roof be inspected?
Most roofers suggest biannual roof inspections since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How much does a roofer charge for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate rate for fixing a rooftop?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Canton, Michigan
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Canton, Michigan, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.