Find a roofer in Berrien Springs, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roofing appointment?
Most roofing professionals recommend biannual inspections for your roof since routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the typical rate charged by roofers for a replacement project?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
During which time of the year should I schedule an appointment for roofing services?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Berrien Springs, MI
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Berrien Springs, MI, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to find the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.