Find a roofer in Athens, Michigan
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
During which season should I book roofing services?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
How much do most roofing contractors charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will vary with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Athens, MI. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can approximate the hours for the project.
At which point should I consider getting a roof inspection conducted?
Most roofing contractors advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Athens, MI
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Athens, MI, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.