Find a roofer in Yarmouth, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should a roof inspection be done?
The majority of roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the usual cost of replacement services from a roofing contractor?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What costs are associated with fixing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
When is the perfect time to get your roof serviced?
No matter what season it is, you can get in touch with a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to call a roofer.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Yarmouth, ME
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Yarmouth, ME. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Yarmouth, ME. Find the right contractor for your house right away.