Find a roofer in Wiscasset, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Wiscasset, Maine
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Wiscasset, Maine. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.