Find a roofer in Winthrop, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can call a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Winthrop, Maine
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Winthrop, Maine. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Winthrop, Maine. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.