Find a roofer in Windsor, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Windsor, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Windsor, Maine. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.