Find a roofer in Windham, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the perfect time to get your roof serviced?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time to book.
Many roofers are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the typical cost per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the usual duration for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
What is the appropriate time to schedule a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Windham, ME
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Windham, ME. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Windham, ME. Find the right contractor for your house now.