Find a roofer in Windham, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the normal period of time for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Windham, Maine. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the project.
When is inspecting my roof necessary?
The majority of roofing contractors suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How do roofers generally price their services for roof replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What costs are related to fixing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Windham, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Windham, Maine. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.