Find a roofer in Whitefield, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the usual duration to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Whitefield, ME. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
When is the best time to arrange for my roof evaluated?
Many roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How much will a roofing professional charge for replacement?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What cost can be expected to fix my roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Whitefield, ME
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Whitefield, ME. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Whitefield, ME. Find the right contractor for your home now.