Find a roofer in West Minot, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is a good season for roofing jobs?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the average price roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
When is inspecting my roof necessary?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Services in West Minot, ME
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in West Minot, ME. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.