Find a roofer in Wells, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At which time of the year should I book roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to book.
Many roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the customary price per square foot that roofing specialists charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will vary depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Wells, ME. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can come up with the hours for the project.
When should I get a roof inspection?
Most roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Wells, ME
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Wells, ME, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.