Find a roofer in Waterford, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
When is the best time to arrange for my roof evaluated?
The majority of roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof since routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for replacement services?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the rate for repairing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Waterford, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Waterford, Maine. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.