Find a roofer in Van Buren, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Van Buren, MaineHome // Maine // Van Buren
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Van Buren, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Van Buren, Maine. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.