Find a roofer in Unity, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good time for booking a roof inspection?
Many roofing professionals suggest biannual inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What sort of prices are related to repairing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
During which season should I schedule services with a roofing professional?
No matter what season it is, you can get in touch with a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to call a roofer.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Unity, Maine
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Unity, Maine. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.