Find a roofer in Union, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Union, ME. Storms will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Union, MaineHome // Maine // Union
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Union, ME
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Union, ME. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.