Find a roofer in Turner, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Turner, Maine
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Turner, Maine. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the right professional for the job.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.