Find a roofer in Troy, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the usual period of time to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the project.
What is a good time for booking a roof inspection?
Many roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the normal price charged by roofing experts for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much does it cost to repair a roof top?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs call for the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Troy, ME
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Troy, ME. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.