Find a roofer in Topsfield, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How do roofers normally charge for labor for a replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What cost can be expected for roof repair services?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs call for experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the common cost per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will differ with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can approximate the hours for the project.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Topsfield, Maine
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Topsfield, Maine. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to find the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.