Find a roofer in Surry, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is a good time for roofing jobs?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
How much do most roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will vary with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time required for constructing a new roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
What is a good time for booking a roof inspection?
Most roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Surry, ME
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Surry, ME. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Surry, ME. Find the right contractor for your house right away.