Find a roofer in Sumner, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
What is a good time for booking a roofing appointment?
Many roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the expected cost for roof repair services?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Sumner, ME
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Sumner, ME, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to hire the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.