Find a roofer in Sumner, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really stall the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Sumner, ME
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Sumner, ME, there's no better way to find them. The roofing experts featured on our site have the skills and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.