Find a roofer in Stoneham, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the ideal season to get your roof serviced?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Roofing services can cost about $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will vary depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Stoneham, ME. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the project.
When should my roof be inspected?
Most roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Stoneham, ME
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Stoneham, ME, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.