Find a roofer in Springfield, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Springfield, Maine
If you need roofing maintenance services in Springfield, Maine, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Springfield, Maine. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.