Find a roofer in Southwest Harbor, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is good for a roofing project?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a roofer.
A lot of roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the typical pricing per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the typical period of time for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Southwest Harbor, ME. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
When is the best time to set up a roof inspection?
Many roofing professionals advise getting biannual roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Southwest Harbor, ME
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Southwest Harbor, ME. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to hire the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.