Find a roofer in South Portland, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good time for roofing services?
Despite what season it is, you can get in touch with a roofing professional for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to book.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
How much should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will differ with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the usual duration to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
At what time should I consider getting a roof inspection conducted?
The majority of roofing professionals suggest biannual inspections for your roof since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near South Portland, Maine
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in South Portland, Maine. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in South Portland, Maine. Find the right contractor for your house now.