Find a roofer in South Paris, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the proper time to book an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing contractors suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What costs are associated with repairing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
When is the perfect season for roofing services?
No matter what time of year it is, you can call a roofing contractor for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time for services.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in South Paris, ME
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in South Paris, ME. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.