Find a roofer in South Gardiner, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At what cost does a roofer charge for a roof replacement?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much is a contractor's rate to fix the roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the typical cost per square foot for roof repair services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will vary depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the typical period of time to rebuild a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near South Gardiner, ME
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in South Gardiner, ME. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in South Gardiner, ME. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.