Find a roofer in Smyrna Mills, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Smyrna Mills, MaineHome // Maine // Smyrna Mills
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Smyrna Mills, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Smyrna Mills, Maine. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.